When I did my demonstration in Pittsburgh, I decided it would be nice to show both teeth and horns. I did a quick sketch to see what it would look like. (There’s a bit of a ToDo list in the corner.)
Here’s what the finished demonstration beast looked like. I ended up only having time to finish one of the beasts, and that was even after having taken several shortcuts.
After I got back home, I decided I really liked idea of the two horned beasts. The interaction of the two beasts was a really interesting problem. The horns made it difficult for them to fit together, but I really liked their potential. I decided to start another pair of them back in Seattle.
At this point, the legs are attached, and I’ve pretty much gotten their shapes down. I really like them!
They have a cute little tails. This really shows the lean of the one on the right.
Here, they’re pretty much done at this point. I just need to finish up the horns and the teeth. The funny thing is that while I originally sketched them out with lots of teeth, I just didn’t think the teeth worked right this time. In the end, I gave one tooth to each.
It’s pretty funny to see how these guys developed from that first sketch. I’m very happy with them. I can’t wait to see how they come out of our October firing.